The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Leader in Me helps schools create well-rounded learners by developing the whole-person and preparing students to become life-ready leaders.
Habit 1: Be Proactive
- I have a “Can Do” attitude.
- I choose my actions, attitudes and moods.
- I don’t blame others.
- I do the right thing without being asked, even if nobody is looking.
Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind
- I plan ahead and set goals.
- I do things that have meaning and make a difference.
- I am an important part of my classroom.
- I look for ways to be a good citizen.
Habit 3: Put First Things First
- I spend my time on things that are most important.
- I say no to things I should not do.
- I set priorities, make a schedule, and follow my plan.
- I am organized.
Habit 4: Think Win-Win
- I want everyone to be a success.
- I don’t have to put others down to get what I want because it makes me happy to see other people happy.
- I like to do nice things for others.
- I help brainstorm a solution when conflict arise.
Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
- I listen to other people’s ideas and feelings.
- I try to see things from their viewpoints.
- I listen to others without interrupting.
- I am confident in voicing my ideas.
Habit 6: Synergize
- I value other people’s strengths and learn from them.
- I get along well with others, even people who are different from me.
- I work well in groups.
- I seek out other people’s ideas to solve problems.
- I know that “two heads are better than one”.
- I am a better person when I let other people into my life and work.
Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw
- I take care of my body by eating right, exercising, and getting sleep.
- I spend time with family and friends.
- I learn in lots of ways and lots of places.